Bilge Rats have been designed to fit into small and large boat bilges to absorb any free oil or fuel.
Bilge Rats will float until they have become saturated with hydrocarbons. When their absorption capacity is full, they must be replaced. Replacement frequency is determined through visual checks, as the products will be dark in colour from contamination. Saturated Bilge Rats should then be placed in a secure plastic bag and, in most States, can be discarded to regular garbage. However, always check with your Marina or local waste authority before discarding any hydrocarbon-containing materials.
Features & Benefits
- Highly absorbent — each bilge rat can contain a high volume of oil or fuel.
- Environmentally friendly — biodegradable, incinerable (with low ash residue), and non-toxic. Manufactured from recycled cellulose materials.
- Cost-effective — high absorption rates mean less product can do more.
- Safe — non-toxic, non-abrasive and non-carcinogenic.
- Easy to use — fast, lightweight and able to be disposed to landfill in most states. No special training required.
- Australian made
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Shop First Aid Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.